Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Typhoon Update

Well it's been raining heavily for about 24 hours now. The wind is starting to pick up a bit but nothing worth noting. In the next 24 hours we are supposed to get "tropical storm" winds but not typhoon winds. Which basically means damn strong winds but not really damn strong winds. The main concern is flooding from what we've read. We can't get any info from the Korean news channels as it's not in English.

We live on a hill and the street looks a bit like a river...nothing accumulating but there is a lot running down it. Our school cancelled classes today. Since it's only supposed to get worse in the next 24 hours I don't see how it will be open tomorrow either - which is fine with me - it means only 16 more working days in this country!! We're just hoping we don't lose power - or if we do it's not for long. I'll keep posting as it progresses.

1 comment:

lorena said...

the street is looking like a river? That can't be good. I'm glad you live on a hill, is it hilly terrain where you live in general? It's scary, it makes me think of all sorts of things I learned in Geology class ... but I won't get into that now.

I'm glad you're keeping us updated.

(ugh and I really feel for the fact that you can't understand the news reports!)