Friday, September 09, 2005

Communication Lethargy

I've noticed lately that when I email friends that I obviously don't see and haven't seen in about a year; I always direct them to my blog. My emails usually go something like this
Hi - how are things with you? If you read my blog then you know what's going on with me - if you don't then here's the URL. Hope you are well........

I haven't decided if this is efficient or just lazy. In a time before "blogging" it'd be like handing someone your journal and saying "read this because I don't want to have to say it twice" Is it a communication breakdown or more of a global communication revolution that actually creates more of a social network? If I were living in Korea in a time before the computer I'd have to hand write letters to each and every person (none of this CC bull shit). Although I must say that I enjoy handwriting a letter.

Are we regressing or progressing?

I digress

1 comment:

lorena said...

A bit of both I suspect. It's making the world accessible in a way I never dreamed of yet at the expense of a fading peronsal/human contact element which I detest.