Friday, September 23, 2005

Karma

I believe there needs to be a balance in nature....I also believe in cause and effect (karma). The reason I bring up this topic is because last night I watched the pilot episode of My Name Is Earl It's a new comedy starring Jason Lee and it's about Karma. Anyway it was brilliant!

Well Friday is almost over (on this side of the world anyway) and now we have only five working days left. Today was a trying day. I had to kick a girl out of my middle school class because she just wouldn't stop talking. Then my manager met with me after the class and asked if I wanted her transfered to another class. I was annoyed but I didn't want to kick her out permanently. Then again why the hell should I care about her feelings?....she doesn't care that I'm standing in front of the class trying to teach when she is discussing the latest pop band with her friend (I assume that is what she is talking about - she's speaking in Korean) Anyway - I'll be glad when I don't have to get annoyed and angry every single damn day! Then again I guess I don't HAVE to be annoyed and angry - I choose to react that way - Don't I? You can't choose what happens to you but you can choose how you react.....there's always a choice I suppose.

1 comment:

lorena said...

grrrr, I posted a comment on this subject yesterday but it apparently never made it here? strange.

anyway yes how you react IS a choice. That girl is most likely only aware of her immediate universe and nothing else so its important to remind yuourself of that and that its not down intentionally to you and it a weakness in her character. she probably has trouble paying attention, I surely could have related at that age. I still can't pay attenmtion for long unless I am enthralled.