Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Losing my patience


Work is getting to me this week. It's probably the fact that I know I am out of here in 22 days. I also recently found out that one of the Korean teachers I work with "hates foreigners". We always just thought she was a bitch or couldn't speak English because she has never once acknowledged a foreigner. If you say Hello to here she just ignores you. If you co-teach a class with her (meaning she teaches one half - then you go in and teach the other half) she doesn't communicate anything going on - she won't even write down what she has done on the progress sheet. Working with someone you know is a discriminating bitch is unsettling. She hates us because we aren't Korean....that's it!
Don't even get me started on the discrimination I've dealt with here.....you definitely are reminded regularly that you are a second class citizen because you aren't Korean. I'm just tired of the looks and the pointing on the street...I'm tired of the discriminating bitch co-worker.....I'm tired of our shit hole apartment (which would not be a shit hole if a Korean were to move in - but because we are foreigners we live in it and no one cares). Anyway - September 30th - GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

1 comment:

lorena said...

Oh man that is sucky news. I feel sorry for her weak close-minded miserable soul. I just can't imagine wading through this life cutting off the possibility of happiness through relationships with others based on judging any religious/physical/mental/etc. characteristics. I mean I at least give people the chance in the hopes that they can teach me something about them or myself. I am prejudice against yuppies but if they are NICE and have a kind heart I will open up to them and be kind.