Friday, June 25, 2010

Unemployment continues

I ended up getting a phone call from the Port Moody HR department. They wanted to address my concerns about being passed over for an interview as a library shelver. Interesting note - they never received my emails and only knew about my displeasure because of  my blog. I'd like to know how they knew my name from my blog since it isn't on here. Anyway, I guess when I can't pay my rent or my student loans (that I accumulated through 6 years of University) I can say "It's not my fault really, I can't get just any old job because I'm over-qualified" Sounds like an explanation a landlord or a bank would accept, right?

In other job news, I have seven irons in the fire, so to speak. Two application in Whitehorse, three in BC, and I am just about to apply to two jobs with the Lethbridge Public Library. I really hope those pan out because I really like the job descriptions of both positions and Myles could get his MFA at the University of Lethbridge. Overall, I think it would be the best move (aside from staying right here and not having to move at all!)

I'll update you all on the employment saga. Word to the wise...don't go to library school! Visit this site if you don't believe me.

No comments: