Thursday, June 17, 2010

Get Crafty!

There are a few crafty sites that I visit EVERY day! If you have an Etsy shop and you haven't visited Craft Cult then you are seriously missing out! I reluctantly admit that I visit their "heart-o-matic" multiple times a day to see how my shop is doing. It is very addicting!

I've also applied to become a member of the Crafting in Color Street Team. Even if I don't get a membership, it is a great blog to check out some wonderfully colourful Etsy items!

If you're not having the sales you'd like on Etsy there are a number of other online market places that you could check out.
- I don't have any personal experience with Artfire but a lot of etsy sellers also sell there.
- I just opened a store at Cargoh and I love the layout and how integrated it is with Twitter. I've been getting a lot of exposure. More so than Esty because it isn't as saturated. I haven't had a sale yet, but I've only had my shop set up for a few days. Also, it's based in Vancouver, Canada!
- Another that I don't have personal experience with but hear is great is Storenvy. It seems really well integrated with social media. The one thing I find really interesting is their custom merchandising. They offer screen printing of your merchandise. Everything from business cards and buttons to t-shirts and hoodies.
- I stumbled upon Cartizan accidentally and I don't know too much about it except that it's in the start-up phase and was established in Winnipeg, Manitoba to promote local crafts and artizans. If you're looking to support local marketplaces, then this could be worth looking into.

Well that's my two cents...happy shopping, crafting, and selling!

No comments: