Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slowly but surely...


I listed my first item in my Etsy shop on January 18, 2010. I wasn't at all sure what to expect. Items that I thought would be popular ended up being ignored for the most part and items that I wasn't too sure about became my best sellers. I have to say that I have loved every item I have made and I think I'm improving every week. I've improved my photos but still think I could improve more. I've improved my networking and marketing and I think it is paying off. I knew I'd never be able to live off of knit coffee cozy and bookmark sales but I love making them and even before I had an Etsy store I was always making something. Now I can't imagine not having Etsy as my creative outlet.

May has been my best month yet for sales and I hope it says something that each month my sales increase.
January: 3 sales
February: 1 sale
March: 2 sales
April: 5 sales
May: 15 sales

Now you can see why I say I can't live off of this but I'm hoping May wasn't a fluke and June will see at least double digit sales.

Now back to knitting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I'm glad to see things are picking up for you. I've been neglecting my shop lately but I really have to get back into it.