Monday, May 03, 2010

Bookmarks!


I sold my first bookmark today! This now justifies spending time making more of them. I have a lot of fun making them because I love ribbon and felt and buttons. I also love coordinating fun and vibrant colours. I just bought 50 yards of ribbon today. I can't wait to get it in the mail!

On another book related note, anyone who knows me knows that I always have at least three or four books on the go. Right now I'm reading a great book from a series I've been meaning to read for a few years. The series is by Cornelia Funke (translated from the original German) and book one is titled Inkheart (apparently also made into a bad movie). Anyway, I love this book! The 12 yr old protagonist, Meggie is a believable yet intriguing character and the plot is all about books! I'm really enjoying it and that's not a common feeling when it comes to junior fiction. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good fiction for kids out there (Sean Cullen, Diana Wynne Jones, Trenton Lee Stewart, just to name a few) but I just wanted to mention how great this book is. It actually reminds me of when I was a kid and immersed myself in a book to escape to a whole new world...this book does that for me.

No comments: