Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I love getting mail but not taking public transit


Yay! Mr. X arrived today and I picked up my new mini business cards. My business cards were done by Jukebox Printing and they have a great deal on mini cards. I got 1250 of them for $39!!

I rarely take public transit, mostly because I don't travel too far from my neighbourhood - but when I do go downtown it just makes sense to leave the car at home so I took the sky train to Yaletown to get my business cards. It was a pretty uneventful trip until I tried to get on the train to come home. As the train pulled into Waterfront station I positioned myself near a door as it crawled to a stop. The doors opened and to my surprise a man who had been sitting slumped against the inside of the door tumbled out and lay unconscious with half his body in the train and the other half on the platform. He seemed to me to be intoxicated or perhaps under the influence of a drug or two because he sort of woke up a bit as the doors opened and then he just seemed to decide to slump over and lay there. A few people tried to wake him to no avail and had to hold the doors so they wouldn't close on his torso and I called the transit security/safety people and they sent someone to the train. The transit security kept asking me if he hit his head but I never saw him hit his head, he just sort of slumped over. They called a medic but said that they could hear him snoring (another reason I thought he was probably drunk). I never saw what ended up happening because I got onto another train and headed home. The incident didn't really faze me all that much, it really just reminded me of my time in YK where I dealt with nearly unconscious and belligerent or completely unconscious intoxicated people daily at the library. As I got onto the train I was very happy that I don't have to deal with that anymore.

On another note, we went to Fatburger for dinner...yummy! I'm still ridiculously thirsty from my sodium intake...not so good.

I wonder what the mail will bring tomorrow!

No comments: