Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sick day life


Called in sick today. I'm pretty much just sick of being over-worked, sick of not working in my field, sick of dealing with a public that couldn't care less, sick of January. Good news is that January is over next week and we should have two new receptionists to pick up the slack in a week or so - so I guess things are looking up.

This receptionist position has made me rethink a public library career. I'd just be dealing with the public in the same way - more $$ sure but is it worth it?

I think I just want to be in room with a computer and a telephone doing research and admin stuff...no phone calls....no drop ins....no front desk crap.

Ah well - such is life.

"you can't afford to miss a day, call in sick you'd better stay that way"

1 comment:

lorena said...

I hope you're feeling better.
(hilarious pic you chose to illustrate this entry with))