Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Puppy


On Thursday night I rounded the corner of our street, heading for our parked scooter and there was a Korean man tying his puppy to it. I asked him what he was doing but of course he didn't understand me and proceeded to get in to his van with his wife and drive away. That's when I noticed the plastic bag sitting on our scooter accompanying the puppy. Inside was some dog food a dish and some pet shampoo. I had the sinking feeling that this guy just ditched his puppy. Of course the thing was adorable and very very friendly. I couldn't just leave her there on the street even though I knew we would be flying out of this country in 5 short weeks. So we took her home. Since that time I have gotten very attached. Unfortunately yesterday's visit to the vet revealed that she is about 6 months old (which I already suspected) and hasn't had any vaccines (an educated guess on the part of the vet) so she has started her vaccine schedule - which will take a couple months to complete. That isn't enough time to get her rabies vaccine in before heading to Canada so we will have to fly back sans puppy. We will find her a home this week. I'll be sad to see her go - but maybe it's best for her anyway.

3 comments:

cookie monster said...

that is an astoundingly cute puppy. now if i didnt have 2 kittens id have him form u! then again the fact that the atlantic ocean is in the way could be a problem eh?

Slitely Askew said...

Indeed! I'm hoping we can find one just like her in Canada.

lorena said...

oh my god, but don't give up yet!! I spent the last month I lived in Italy trying everyhting I could to get my kitty to come home with me, he was 3 months too young to get his vaccines but they gave it to him anyway, then I had to go the the Italian Consulate and they refused me at first saying he was too young, and I couldn't help it but I started crying and someone saw me in the hallway bawling over kitty and they stamped my paperwork and then when I got back to America where there were supposed to quarantine him for 6 months, they just let him come with me right then and there! The US let that happen!

Anyway, I just don't want to think you have to give him up - damn it! It breaks my heart.