Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Puppy - Part 2


So the puppy is still with us and may be until we fly out of this country. A friend/co-worker of ours is a wonderful dog person and she said she'd take her if there weren't any other options....from what I can tell there really aren't any other options. I'm happy to leave the pup with this person. It would make me happy to know puppy is with her and not someone else who is clueless about dogs. So I think I will be able to spend the next four weeks with the puppy and then she'll go to live with our friend/co-worker. She won't go sooner because our friend/co-worker is going to the US for 3 weeks in September. I've already come to terms with the fact that the puppy won't go home with us (meaning I cried a lot on Saturday). I'll enjoy the time I have with her and then feel at peace knowing how lovely her new home will be.

I've been given a lot of advice on how to make the trip with her to Canada but in the end I've decided she should stay here. I don't want to put her through an 18 hour flight if I don't have to and this new option means I don't have to.

3 comments:

lorena said...

yeah an 18 hour flight, that'd be hell. (when I brought kitty back to the US he got to be in a carrier at my feet and we had 2 layovers).

that means the world knowing you are leaving him in good hands. I may have given up eventually with kitty its just in Italy they are horrible to their pets, ditching them on the streets when they take off for a months vactaion, so many strays roaming the streets all haggard...ugh.

Slitely Askew said...

well the person I'm leaving her with isn't Korean. Let's just say their standard of living for their pets isn't as high as mine. A lot of them are never taken to the vet or fed nutritional food. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving her with a Korean no matter how nice they are.

lorena said...

That's how I felt in Italy, I simply wouldn't leave Kitty with anyone there, not even my Italian roommate whom I love deeply. She never once emptied his litter box or did anything to care for him either than feed him pizza, pasta, and pecorino cheese because it was fun to watch him eat.

(Ugh - I'm still so pissed about your newest post!)