Monday, April 26, 2010

Dream Job?


I've been applying to library jobs in various types of libraries for over a year now. Nothing has happened. I've been trying to focus on getting a job in Vancouver for obvious reasons but I've come to the conclusion (with some inside info) that I will not get a job in the Vancouver area.

I keep an eye on all the library job boards across the country and I've been applying to jobs all over the place. Last week I saw a posting for a Head Librarian at the Banff Public Library! I couldn't believe my eyes! Not only am I perfectly qualified, it is the most beautiful place in Canada (in my humble opinion). Today I applied and I hope they call...I don't usually get my hopes up about jobs but this is probably a very unique opportunity that comes up once every twenty years. Here's hoping. Fingers crossed.

No comments: