Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's beginning to sound a lot like Xmas


Last night I spent an obscene amount of hours (2hrs) in the Wal Mart in the ghetto (east end). We went there because it is the most direct route by transit. I quickly realized that I need a secure bubble within which to move around London (aka car)....It's a scary place sometimes. So we bought a bunch of shit for people and ourselves that neither we nor they need. We attempted to avoid near collisions with carts full of children and cheap toys. We proceeded to the check out where the constant *BEEP* of the check out...(multiplied by about 10 as there were 10 check outs open) signified the victory of big box north america. The constant *BEEP* in my opinion, is the sad reality that is the sound of Xmas (and has been for many years with increasing vulgarity). Let the consumer orgy begin.....

1 comment:

Adam said...

I couldn't have put it better myself!

Happy Holidays!