Wednesday, July 12, 2006

30 is just a number


In a week I will be 28 years old. That is ok with me because I've still got two years of my twenties to linger in. However, my husband just turned 30 and he didn't seem too happy about it (if you've read his blog then that's an understatement). I'm not sure how I will react but if this list is any indication then I may already be there....then I suppose the transition will go unnoticed.

You know you're turning 30 when...

1.You find that suddenly the world's full of cute babies that you simply must stop and coo at.

2.You love nothing better than a night in, watching interior design and cooking programs

3.You have absolutely no clue what's no.1 in the charts

4.You are obsessed with property

5.You say things that sound horribly like things your parents would say

6.You get more excited about a roast on Sunday than a night out clubbing

7.You stop dreaming of becoming a professional baseball player and start dreaming of having a son who might

8.You become powerless to resist the lure of self-assembly furniture

9.You always have enough milk

From the book Turning 30: How to Get the Life You Really Want

2 comments:

lorena said...

holy hell - I kept ticking off each item in my head "that's me....that's me....etc."

that was scary - in a sad way. :(

oh well, c'est la vie! it happens to the best of us. but btw, being 30 is fabulous. there's nothing to fear. I've noticed its a harder transition among my male friends for some reason, don't know why...it's not like society puts any real pressure on them at that age...

Slitely Askew said...

Yes I have noticed the same thing -being that men seem to have more of a problem with 30 than women.