Monday, June 26, 2006

Verbal Visions


I was walking along Queen St. West today and heard what I think has to be the most creative reason for a guy to be begging on the street. As I was approaching a group of three disheveled bums one of them said "hello pretty lady could you spare some change for my half retarded sister here (nods in the direction of a crumpled pile of camouflage clothing and dreds) to buy some estrogen, she's already growing a beard" I could not ascertain the validity of the reason as I could not see the face of the person he nodded towards. Anyway, I didn't give him any change. But kudos for his originality. I had just finished spending nearly $200 on stuff that I and no one else really needs. I'm sure I will suffer the wrath of karmic retribution for today’s disregard for the needs of people less fortunate than I am.

I just heard the strangest analogy for a soccer game. The British commentator said that the game was like a cappuccino - all steamy and frothy on top but you have to get down there quite a ways to find anything of substance (I'm paraphrasing but that is very nearly his exact words) I love the British!

No comments: